Ideas Forum and Annual General Meeting
Lodging and Camping Ideas Forum 2019
Join us at the “Lodging and Camping Ideas Forum” October 23 – 24, 2019 at The Grand Hotel, 4898 Rutherford Rd., Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
Sponsored by WorkSafe BC and Western Financial Group. Supported by Partner Members RONA and First Data
Education and Information Sharing
The Ideas Forum is designed to provide BC Lodging and Campground Association members and guests with an inexpensive learning opportunity thanks to our sponsors and suppliers. It’s a chance to network with the sponsors, suppliers, fellow members and meet the volunteer board of directors. This is where ideas are discussed, knowledge is shared, and member’s questions answered!
76th Annual General Meeting
The BC Lodging and Campgrounds Association Annual General Meeting will be held Wednesday, October 23, 2019 from 4.25 pm to 5:00 pm as part of the annual Lodging and Camping Ideas Forum. Only members in good standing may attend the BCLCA Annual General Meeting.
Speakers and Presenters
There are some quality speakers sprinkled throughout the agenda talking on a number of topics affecting the day-to-day operation of your business. Speaker and session line up for 2019 (updated September and subject to change):
Wednesday, October 23, 2019 Sessions
- 9:00 am – 12:15 pm – Destination BC Workshop Research Customers Online with Google and Using Data to Drive Growth – Conner Galway, President at Junction a digital communications company.
- 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm – Lunch with Whitney Scott, VP Marketing, KOA Kampgrounds of America
- 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm – Brain Storming Should RV Parks Collect and Remit MRDT – JJ Belanger, Chair, BCLCA and Joss Penny, Executive Director, BCLCA
- 2:35 pm – 3:05 pm Research/Trends Session – Consumer Research with Krista Morten, Align Consulting – Camping and RVing BC Coalition research findings, BC/Alberta/Washington State
- 3:20 pm – 4:20 pm – Operational Cracker Barrel led by the BCLCA Executive Committee
- 4:25 pm – 5:00 pm – BCLCA Annual General Meeting
- 5:00 pm – 5:30 pm – Campground Booking Session – Nomad Reservations Sean Richards/Paul Ryan, Nomad Reservations LLC
- 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm – Suppliers Trade Show, Meet and Greet – Hors d oeuvres and Refreshment
Thursday, October 24, 2019 Sessions
- 8:30 am – 9:30 am – Tree Surgery Session – Safely Managing Trees and Forested Areas on your property WorkSafe BC – Lisa Houle, Manager, Industry and Labour Services Municipalities, Arts, Tourism and Hospitality – host Lorne Scarlett, Industry Specialist, WorkSafe BC
- 9:35 am – 10:35 am – Emergency Preparedness Session – BC Wildfire Mitigation – Chris Hodder, Manager of Wildfire Prevention and/or Amanda Reynolds, A/FireSmart Program Lead
- 10:50 am – 11:50 am – Silvana Clark, Speaker/Author/ Brand Ambassador – What I Learned From Staying in 325 Campgrounds
- 11:55 am – 12:30 pm – Issues Panel – Shane Devenish, Executive Director, Canadian Camping and RV Council and Walt Judas, CEO, Tourism Industry Association of BC 15 minutes each – Tourism and Campground Policies Discussion
- 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm – Lunch and speaker Maya Lange, VP, Global Marketing Destination BC
There is a fee per person for BCLCA members of $150 plus tax, and $250 per person plus tax for non-members. This per person charge covers all meals and refreshments per the agenda, as the rest of the forum expenses are generously paid by the sponsors – WorkSafe BC and Western Financial Group. Non-members who joined the association at or 30 days after the 2019 event qualified for $100 per property credit towards their first year of membership.
2019 BCLCA Ideas Forum Registration Form
For direct face-to-face access to members industry suppliers can attend the fall Lodging & Camping Ideas Forum either as delegates or as exhibitors. BCLCA always hosts a table top display showcase evening on the Wednesday from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm. The cost for suppliers to purchase a table top at the showcase is $100 + GST. Contact the BCLCA office at firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire and register.