I live in the US and would like to bring my RV into British Columbia and leave it there for the summer season. What are the laws around this?

By Joss Penny

You can temporarily import a recreational vehicle to British Columbia for your personal use, however if you plan to leave it here between visits you must have first reported to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and obtained a Form BSF375, CBSA Report (formerly known as Form E99). The form must be displayed on your vehicle and be easily available to prove that you brought the RV into BC legally. For more information on Canada customs regulations call 1-800-461-9999 within Canada or 204-983-3500 outside Canada or visit www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca

Published: August 27, 2018

Joss Penny

About the Author

Joss has been employed by the BC Lodging and Campgrounds Association since 1988 and held the position of Executive Director since 2006. Over the past 29 years Joss has been involved in many of the provincial processes that have shaped the tourism product in British Columbia. Joss has a keen interest in the outdoors enjoying running, fishing and camping pursuits.

Posted in
Camping Lodging

The Super Camping / Select Lodging Guide

First Published in 1989